2023 Vinework Sauvignon Blanc Semillon

$30.00
$180.00

6666 in stock

-
+

Vinework presents the opportunity to experience a seasonal voyage from the vineyard to the glass – from growth to creation. Crafted in celebration of the hours spent walking amongst the vines, watching, tending, tasting – connecting with our growers and the region’s land. This range welcomes you to walk alongside us on this unique passage through the vineyards, exploring the individual blocks and batches brought together to create this story—a colourful, textural tale of the season and the soils.

More Information
Navigate To
  • Viticulture
  • Tasting Notes
  • Winemaking
  • Related Wines
  • Delivery Information

Viticulture

Sauvignon Blanc (75%) Semillon (25%)
2023
Margaret River
The growing season began with a late budburst after a relatively cold winter with reasonable rainfall. The cool, wet spring which followed meant an extended flowering period for early bloomers, but with good fruit-set for most varieties. There was a complete lack of Marri blossom leading up to and during harvest which meant that bird pressure was extreme! The cool, late start to the growing season delayed ripening on most varieties, however the very dry, mild summer which followed offered perfect ripening conditions allowing fruit to retain wonderful natural acidity. Fruit for this wine is predominantly estate grown on our Boodjidup and Lagan vineyards in the Wallcliffe subregion of Margaret River.

Tasting Notes

Pale straw with slight green tinge.
The bouquet displays passionfruit, guava, fragrant kaffir lime, and lemongrass characters.
The lively palate is medium bodied, with vibrant acidity giving length to bright tropical fruits and underlying citrus notes. A fresh crisp wine with subtle textural complexity that lingers on the palate.

Winemaking

13.1%
750ml
3.07
All fruit was pressed without any crushing, 78% was cold settled before racked juice was fermented at 15oC in stainless steel tanks using aromatic yeast strains to retain fresh varietal characteristics. The remaining 22% was transferred to new French barriques, wild fermented on full solids to bring complexity into the blend. All the different components were regularly lees stirred for 3 months, to add texture and mouth feel. The wine was then blended stabilised, filtered, and bottled without any fining.