If you’re looking to up your cooking game and impress at your next dinner party – try this Sous vide Charsiew Beef Ribs recipe from our Head Chef, Aaron Lim.
Short beef ribs 1 Slab
Scallions 1 Bunch
Garlic 2 Cloves
Light soy sauce 2 TBSP
Chinese rice wine 1 TBSP
Caster sugar 2 TBSP
Chicken stock 2 TBSP
Sesame oil 1 TSP
Oyster sauce 2 TBSP
Honey 2 TBSP
Oyster sauce 3 TBSP
- Trim off any excess fat and sinew from the beef ribs.
- In a sauce pot, add the light soy sauce, chinese rice wine, caster sugar, chicken stock, sesame oil and oyster sauce together. Bring to a boil, just enough to dissolve the sugar. Once sugar is dissolved, cool the mix in the fridge.
- Marinate the trimmed beef ribs with the chilled charsiew mix, garlic and scallions in a vacuum bag for at least 12 hours.
- Bring water to 62c using a thermal circulator and place the beef ribs in the water bath for 24 hours.
- To make the the honey glaze, combine oyster sauce and honey and set aside.
- To finish, char the beef ribs on a barbeque, glazing each side generously with honey glaze, each time you flip them.
- Rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with Asian greens.