2022 Vinework Sauvignon Blanc

$30.00
$180.00

2093 in stock

-
+

An intriguing expression of Sauvignon Blanc, bright fruit layered with complex textural elements which culminate in a crisp, dry, persistent finish. The lively palate is medium bodied offering zesty citrus and lemon sorbet flavours, tangy tropical fruits, and plenty of spice.

More Information
Navigate To
  • Viticulture
  • Tasting Notes
  • Winemaking
  • Related Wines
  • Delivery Information

Viticulture

Sauvignon Blanc
2022
Margaret River
After a long, and relatively cold and wet winter budburst was later than usual, and about a week or two later than last season. There was still some wet, windy spring weather which affected fruit set. Despite the late start to the season, the fantastic WA summer allowed the growing season to catch up with warm, fine weather and a few of very hot periods. Marri trees had a bumper year for blossom, which always bodes well, distracting birds from away from the fruit (at least for the first half of the season while the blossom lasted). There was no significant weather pressure experienced at all early in the vintage, in fact the warm weather meant that the whites were harvested at a frenetic pace in order to preserve natural acidity. Yields were relatively low however the fruit quality was excellent with great flavour intensity. In summary 2022 will be remembered as an outstanding vintage in Margaret River

Tasting Notes

Pale straw with slight green tinge.
The bouquet displays ripe passionfruit, lime and lemongrass characters. Hints of frangipani, fennel and the subtle influence of oak linger in the background.
The lively palate is medium bodied offering zesty citrus and lemon sorbet flavours, tangy tropical fruits, and plenty of spice. All these crunchy elements are contrasted beautifully by a lovely creamy texture derived from lees stirring. An intriguing expression of Sauvignon Blanc, bright fruit layered with complex textural elements which culminate in a crisp, dry, persistent finish.

Winemaking

13.3%
750ml
3.07
30% of the fruit was whole berry pressed before cold settling, with the clean juice fermented at 15oC in stainless steel tanks using aromatic yeast strains to retain fresh varietal characteristics. The remaining 70% was left to ‘skin contact’ with whole berries staying in the press for 8 hours to build flavour / phenolic texture before pressing. The cloudy free-run juice was then wild barrel fermented (seasoned French oak) before an intensive batonnage program for two months for further texture and mouth feel. The two components were then blended, stabilised, filtered, and bottled under screw cap closure. No fining was undertaken.